Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What's the truth in real estate today?

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/4-biggest-lies-in-real-estate.html

The above link provides some warnings to the public that are good to keep in mind while searching for your home online.     Personally, my ethics are high and I do not embellish descriptions on my listings, but there is no way to be sure that what others do is as ethical.  ...  Unless you go there to see with your own eyes! 

I always tell my clients (both buyers and sellers) to look online and make some decisions from the descriptions and the photos provided, and then let's go see these places in real life.  Do they match up with what was online?  or are they better? or worse?    Condition is one consideration.   Location is another.  Drive over to the area, look for the transportation and entertainment options you want.  Walk around, look at the area, talk to people.  And call me to arrange the appointments to see the inside of the places you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment